At Teagues Bridge Primary School we believe all children are entitled to develop to their fullest potential – academically, socially, emotionally, physically, morally, spiritually and aesthetically, enabling each child to grow in confidence, and able to participate in the wider community.
The following aims act in support of our ethos:
- The curriculum should be broad, balanced, coherent and relevant. Staff have high
expectations of pupils and the children are always encouraged to work to the fullest
extent of their capabilities in all aspects of the curriculum.
- The school and its governors are strongly committed to ensuring the physical and
mental health of all pupils. In support of this commitment the school will encourage
pupils to maintain a healthy lifestyle, taking exercise and having a healthy diet. We
support these aims by providing a rich variety of curricular and extra- curricular
activities, which provide both breadth of experience and opportunities for
- An important emphasis is placed upon the child’s personal development. Self discipline,
self-esteem and self-motivation are encouraged. Pupils’ should be
prepared to play an active role both in the school and wider community by
developing sensitivity to the needs and feelings of others regardless of differences.
- The school will have a warm and friendly atmosphere for all who work within it and
for visitors. We will work to provide an environment in which children will feel both
secure and happy, enabling them to develop effectively. We will value each child as
an individual enabling them to develop a positive self -image. We aim to encourage
self -discipline and respect for others.
- To help pupils develop personal, spiritual and moral values, an understanding of
religious and beliefs, a tolerance for others and their ways of life.
- To promote equal opportunities for all children.
- We aim to raise achievement through active independent learning and the vital
support of parents